The aim of the course is to increase the developers’ skills and become a “Blockchain developer”, mastering the technology from a technical and practical side, while being extremely interdisciplinary: computer science, political, economic and social doctrines, mathematics and game theory.
The master has been designed to ensure the most effective learning method possible thanks to a combination of theory and practice.
The first part is aimed at the transfer of general knowledge and skills related to the Bitcoin ecosystem and blockchain based technologies. It addresses Bitcoin from different perspectives: technological, social, historical, economic, philosophical, legal and fiscal with an in-depth analysis related to blockchain-based business models.
The second part, representing about 80% of the course, delves deeper into the topic from a technical point of view.
The mathematical basis of Bitcoin will be explained, namely finite fields, elliptic curves as well as several cryptographic concepts.
Last but not least, a deep dive into the script language and the verification and signature of transactions, and Lightning Network.
A correct Bitcoin and blockchain training cannot prescind solid computer security foundations. Therefore, concepts such as GPG and signature verification via terminal, 2FA and Hardware Wallet will be addressed.
During the course, the safest techniques for the protection of wallets and Bitcoin nodes will be explored, as well as the bases for creating secure Web Applications, a feature that is in increasing demand today.
The course also has a strong practical connotation due to the realization of actual projects.
Some of them concern:
– The installation of a Bitcoin node on VPS or through a dedicated hardware such as Raspberry;
– The installation of a Lightning Network node and its interaction;
– How to accept Bitcoin in your e-commerce through BTCPay Server or OpenNode;
– Creation of a Hardware Wallet prototype;
– Creation of a Bitcoin POS;
– Analysis of the most interesting Wallets and LApps for Lightning Network;
– The concept of mixing and the execution of Coinjoin operations to increase online privacy.
At the end of the course, the necessary theory to understand other blockchains (i.e. Ethereum and Smart Contracts) will be examined in depth in order to illustrate their deployment and connection on DApp browser.